The Blue Roast | Màu Xanh
Mighty and Bold | Full-Bodied | Nutty Chocolate
The Blue Roast is our signature go-to roast for traditional Vietnamese cà phê sữa đá (Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk over ice). The flavor profile best represents the nutty and chocolaty notes most loved in Robusta coffee. It's a versatile roast, producing a consistent bold flavor that sits perfectly as a pour-over, espresso, or our personal favorite -- the phin drip!
- Type: Single Origin, 100% Robusta Beans
- Flavor Profile: Chocolate, Molasses, Toasted Almonds
- Country: Vietnam
- Producer: Independent, Local Farmer
- Region: Buôn Ma Thuột, Đắk Lắk Province
Vietnamese Phin Slow-Drip
Grind Size for Phin Filter: Fine
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of ground coffee to phin.
- Insert tamper and gently even out grinds while pressing down.
- Place the entire filter on top of a cup.
- Pour enough water to coat the grinds. Allow the coffee to bloom for 30-60 seconds.
- Fill hot water to the top of the phin’s rim.
- Allow the coffee to drip slowly; the process should last approximately 5 minutes.
- Add condensed milk for traditional cà phê sũ’a đá, or enjoy with your favorite add-ons.
- Perfectly iced or hot.